Careers That Change Lives
We value what makes you unique. Be a part of a company that thinks differently to solve problems, make progress, and deliver meaningful innovations.
The Cardiac and Vascular Group brings all of our cardiac and vascular businesses together into one cross-functional, collaborative operating unit to employ the full breadth of our talent, technologies, products, services, and solutions to address the needs of customers and patients across the globe
The Principal Product Development Project Management Specialist position has the primary responsibility to oversee and manage the operational aspects of new product development projects and initiatives within the Coronary Structural Heart / Aortic Peripheral Vascular (CSH/APV) R&D Enterprise Optimization group.
Reporting to the Sr. Director of PMO, this position will be responsible or representing the PMO (Project Management Office) serving as the project manager in the execution of New Product Development (NPD) projects. This position will work with cross functional project team(s) to lead project management activities and continuous improvement initiatives within to drive better execution of NPD projects. This role will directly influence project strategy and cross functional project teams and stakeholders to ensure project milestones are achieved. In addition of supporting the overall project management infrastructure (metrics, reporting, administration, business reviews etc.) this role will participate in implementing best practice tools and techniques in project management within NPD projects.
A Day in the Life
- Oversees and manages the operational aspects of ongoing projects and serves as liaison between project management and planning, project team, and line management.
- Manage changing priorities on projects through effective schedule management and deployment of PM methodologies.
- Drive the overall project management infrastructure (metrics, reporting, administration, business reviews etc.) of NPD projects and initiatives following design control process.
- Manages the development and implementation process of a company’s products and services involving departmental or cross-functional teams focused on the delivery of new or existing products.
- Reviews status of projects and budgets; manages schedules and prepares status reports.
- Monitors the project from initiation through delivery.
- Assesses project issues and develops resolutions to meet productivity, quality, and client-satisfaction goals and objectives.
- Develops mechanisms for monitoring project progress and for intervention and problem solving with project managers, line managers, and clients.
- Participate in implementing best practice tools and techniques in project management within NPD projects and optimization of the Product Development Process (PDP)
- Work closely with the Core Team Leader, Project Review Committee, key Sponsors and Stakeholders to communicate organizational capacity constraints and portfolio risks.
- Work with Core Team Members and the DRM group to ensure integration of tools and methodologies to drive predictability in the innovation of new product portfolio
Must Have: Minimum Requirement
- Bachelor of Science in Engineering, or Sciences with 7+ years of experience
Nice to Have
- PMP Certification
- 5+years’ experience working in Project Management environment.
- Medical device, technology experience
- Dynamic team player and leader that can work effectively and proactively on cross-functional teams.
- Program management experience leading large, mission-critical programs that involve significant business change and organizational transformation.
- Experience with developing, implementing, and monitoring process improvement initiatives, project management frameworks and methodologies.
- Experience leading large teams in a matrix management environment.
- Demonstrated track record of establishing priorities and meeting deadlines.
- Experienced with MS project, MS Office
- High level of enthusiasm, motivation, and drive for results.
- Strong leadership and interpersonal skills, adept at navigating organizational challenges and possess ability to work with through others and accomplish objectives.
- Ability to establish personal credibility and build trust quickly.
- Excellent oral and written skills with the ability to interface at all levels in the organization.
Together, we can change healthcare worldwide. At Medtronic, we push the limits of what technology, therapies and services can do to help alleviate pain, restore health and extend life. We challenge ourselves and each other to make tomorrow better than yesterday. It is what makes this an exciting and rewarding place to be.
We want to accelerate and advance our ability to create meaningful innovations – but we will only succeed with the right people on our team. Let’s work together to address universal healthcare needs and improve patients’ lives. Help us shape the future.
Physical Job Requirements
The physical demands described within the Responsibilities section of this job description are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. For Office Roles: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to be independently mobile. The employee is also required to interact with a computer, and communicate with peers and co-workers. Contact your manager or local HR to understand the Work Conditions and Physical requirements that may be specific to each role. (ADA-United States of America)